The greatness of individuals can be decided only by those who live after them not by their contemporaries

The greatness of individuals can be decided only by those who live after them, not by their contemporaries.

The speaker asserts that greatness of individual only decided by retrospect not by contemporaries. In my view, I am strongly disagree with the speaker because of unwarranted generalization made by the speaker. In science it is true that greatness of an individual mostly decided by retrospect instead of contemporaries. However, in other sector it is most often that greatness of an individual decided by contemporaries not by their retrospect. because of three reasons I am disagree with the claim made by the speaker.

Firstly, to make a decision on artistic greatness we do not need further investigation or scientific evidence to prove the greatness of artistic work. In arts—whether music, visual arts, or literature it is true that greatness of this work got recognized in the nascent stage of these works. From the history, we got a clear idea about the recognition of greatness of arts in different period, starting from the time of monarchy to modern democracy. The European Monarchs recognized artistic greatness of Mozart, same thing also happen in the case of Shakespeare, whose greatness was well known all over the world in his time of living. In modern era, it is much easier to get instant popularity among contemporaries than ever before. now, individuals got recognized by their single work in the artistic realm, that can be music, visual arts, drama or literature. Haruki Murakami one of the name that can properly fit in this context, who started writing in his late forty and got popularity with in the world in very short time. very same thing also true in the sector of the sports, who is the greatest footballer (soccer player) of all time is a question of great controversy but most amazing thing is that all of the name who can take place by far not dead till now. Pele, Maradona, Messi, Ronaldo all of them are candidate of the greatest footballer of all time and they are still living and got their recognition on their greatness.

In business, it is also certain that individual got the price of their greatness by their contemporaries. Henry Ford, one of the american businessman and inventor of the cheap car for the masses, not only got price of his greatness but also he made american economy much stronger than before. after that, Bill Gates by his WINDOWS made american economy strong again. they play a crucial role in making America great again but their greatness not limited within the achievement of their country but they also got their price of greatness. Einstein, one of the genius mind of last century got his price of greatness in the time of his living and by his contemporaries not by his retrospect.

In the sector of physical science where need further empirical evidence of any theory given by any individuals. lack of proper evidence and lack of practical use sometime it is happen that one theory got recognized long after the inception of the theory. it’s greatness truly depends on the applicability and how much practical is that specific theory only proved by the further investigation conducted by the his or her retrospect and after that he or she got recognition of his greatness depends on the validity of the theory. this is only true when validation of a work is needed and that validation cannot given by creator of that theory because sometime lack of practical use and need of further investigation it seems impossible for the proponent to give further evidence. Except these examples, it is true that all other cases individual got the price of their greatness by their contemporaries not by their retrospect.

In sum, in the world of arts, business it is most frequent that individual got price of their greatness right after the inception of their creation and in business after their start-up. it is also true that it is not true in every possible scenario--after the invention of antibiotics it was believed that it is against the life and it needs further investigation. after successful investigation now we know that antibiotics are a kind of anecdotes that saved thousands life.