Essay topics: If a goal is worthy, then any means taken to attain it are justifiable.
Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the statement and explain your reasoning for the position you take. In developing and supporting your position, you should consider ways in which the statement might or might not hold true and explain how these considerations shape your position.
Cameron Hanes, a famous youtuber that tries to be a role model to men and women, has a very powerful quote, “Nobody cares, work harder.” This is an extremely valuable lesson, because life is going to hit you hard and will try to keep you laying down with no strength to get up, but as Rocky Balboa would say: “It’s bot about how many time you fall, but how many time to get up and fight and try again.” However, you should always respect the law and be ethical in all you attitudes. The prompt states that everything is valid when you pursue a goal. In my opinion, I mostly disagree with the opinion expressed in the passage and the reasons are as follows.
First of all, if you pride yourself in being a honest individual, then you should know that even if you steal a pencil from someone else -- something that might seam ‘benign’ – is illegal. This means that integrity is something wholesome, either you are or not. For instance, Brazil has two different types of Universities: private universities and government funded universities. Private Universities have been suffering with a high ratio of corruption, especially in medicine related majors. Very rich parents have been paying a student position in some private universities, sometimes bribing professors and people from the assessment committee with thousands, even millions of reais (Brazilian currency). Last year, several students lost their positions at the universities, and even worst, some have lost their diplomas and were sentenced to jail. This comes to show that lying and deceiving has a full circle, you may think that everything is ok and no one will catch you but once the cycle closes, people will know who you really are.
Secondly, people that don’t obey the rules of conduct, whether in life or sports, will certainly lose their prestige once the sand castle falls. This is what happens when professional athletes cheat in their preparations, using performance enhancing drugs to circumvent the rules of the competition. An example of such would be positive tested UFC fighters that were banned from the octagon for using illegal drugs. In parallel, many high school students in Brazil are caught red handed while performing the standardized test called ENEM – an exam similar to the SAT in the US. It clearly states in the exam’s rule book that all type of cognitive enhancing drugs are forbidden and can result in banning the student for a period of two years, where he is forbidden to retake the exam.
Of course, if you are within the law, then people should definitely try everything possible in order to reach their final goal. There is nothing worst than regretting the things that you could have done in order to increase the chances of success. For instance, Cafu – a widely know football player from Brazil – was rejected eighteen times before he joined a football club that believed in his work. It is said that he would leave his house and run almost 10 kilometers a day from his city to the city where he played, in order to practice. Eventually, he became well known for his extraordinary athleticism during games, which eventually led him to play in Italy. His was the captain of the Brazilian team in 2002, when they won their fifth world title. In his interviews, he would always that if he hadn’t been so persistent, that maybe he would have become a regular Joe, working at a store or something similar.
In conclusion, people should have goals and they should strive in obtaining them, but only if your actions don’t affect the well-being of the ones around you. You may think that its just a small lie, a harmless attitude. But, small or big, a lie is, and will always be, a lie.
|Post date||Users||Rates||More about the essay|
|3 weeks 2 days ago||sajib||50||Read full essay|
|1 month 2 weeks ago||sefeliz||66||Read full essay|
|1 month 3 weeks ago||mflzzz||16||Read full essay|
|3 months 14 hours ago||nikkk||66||Read full essay|
|3 months 14 hours ago||nikkk||16||Read full essay|
|3 months 3 days ago||echoingdowns||16||Read full essay|
|4 months 1 week ago||Gh.Ne||79||Read full essay|
|4 months 2 weeks ago||saloni.p||58||Read full essay|
|4 months 4 weeks ago||Anuraag97||75||Read full essay|
|5 months 2 weeks ago||Ghader||66||Read full essay|
- The following appeared in a memo from the marketing director of Top Dog Pet Stores. "Five years ago Fish Emporium started advertising in the magazine Exotic Pets Monthly. Their stores saw sales increase by 15 percent after their ads began appearing (68)
- The following appeared in a newsletter offering advice to investors."Over 80 percent of the respondents to a recent survey indicated a desire to reduce their intake of foods containing fats and cholesterol, and today low-fat products abound in many f (38)
- According to a recent report, cheating among college and university students is on the rise. However, Groveton College has successfully reduced student cheating by adopting an honor code, which calls for students to agree not to cheat in their academic en (49)
- The following appeared in an article written by Dr. Karp, an anthropologist."Twenty years ago, Dr. Field, a noted anthropologist, visited the island of Tertia and concluded from his observations that children in Tertia were reared by an entire villag (58)
- Nature's Way, a chain of stores selling health food and other health-related products, is opening its next franchise in the town of Plainsville. The store should prove to be very successful: Nature's Way franchises tend to be most profitable in (56.5)
- Arctic deer live on islands in Canada's arctic regions. They search for food by moving over ice from island to island during the course of the year. Their habitat is limited to areas warm enough to sustain the plants on which they feed and cold enoug (60)
- Scandals are useful because they focus our attention on problems in ways that no speaker or reformer ever could.Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the claim. In developing and supporting your position, be (58)
- The following appeared in a letter from a homeowner to a friend."Of the two leading real estate firms in our town — Adams Realty and Fitch Realty — Adams Realty is clearly superior. Adams has 40 real estate agents; in contrast, Fitch has 25, many (59)
- Educational institutions have a responsibility to dissuade students from pursuing fields of study in which they are unlikely to succeed.Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the claim. In developing and suppo (66)
- If a goal is worthy, then any means taken to attain it are justifiable.Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the statement and explain your reasoning for the position you take. In developing and supporting yo (83)