As people rely more and more on technology to solve problems, the ability of humans to think for themselves will surely deteriorate.

In recent years, all various kinds of technologies have permeated into all levels of our society----into people's life and work, into agriculture, industry and service sector, into education, politics, economy and culture, and so on. Indeed, people deal with different sorts of problems in a way that technologies provide them with efficiency and convenience. While people take advantage of the high-tech tools to help them solve problems in all levels, one question looms so large in the modern world that owing to excessively depending on technologies, the ability of people to think for themselves will be deteriorating. Faced with this question, I stand the opposite place---the position that the thinking ability of human beings is improving rather than degenerating.

With the continuous development of technology, today people enjoy a higher level of civilization and of living standards than before, either physical or spiritual enjoyment----all of these result from the enhancement of the ability of thinking in human beings. First of all, it comes to hybridization and transgenic technology that meet the increasing need of foods in the era of population explosion, far different from the hungry ancestors, only living by such simple mode of production in agriculture as picking, hunting, fishing. Secondly, with the help of various vehicles, people in modern society can travel far longer distance in a means of more convenience and comfort than their ancestors did, who got to a place on foot or by animals like horse, cattle. For example, in modern society, driven by oil or electricity, bullet trains can take people from one city to another, planes can take them to explore in arctic, ships can take them from one harbor to another, and during a journey, people can either sleep or watch a latest film on mobile devices, extremely enjoying their traveling. Thirdly, never living in the chilly caverns or the poor thatched cottages, people now stay in the strange forms of edifices and apartments equipped with up-to-date facilities like air-condition, refrigerator, geyser, stereoscopic television. Moreover, with the invent of satellites and ground stations, the weather forecasts are more accurate than the old times, dramatically reducing damages of both life and property. Apparently, technologies invented by people help them overcome difficulties constantly emerging on the road of human development. As a result, people do not go no further, though they can depend on more technologies to help them solve problems from all levels of the society.

A surprising leap in the ability of thinking in humans must be the 20th century----an era in which both internet and computer have radically changed the mode of human thought. In business field, new commerce forms such e-commerce as alibaba, JD have completely subverted the traditional mode of commerce----businessmen and entrepreneurs are forced to rethink their business mode based on internet economy. In cultural field, all kinds of websites have rapidly been developed----a new kind of network culture has shocked everybody, who has been influenced unprecedentedly by such network culture products as cyber games, network animation, online music, netflix. In political field, network has provided a new channel for politicians to communicate with the public-----public functionary and leaders can collect netizens' views so as to perfect their work and better serve to the public. In medical field, internet medical mode is changing the work of both doctors and nurses-----doctors from home and abroad can collaboratively diagnose intractable diseases by remote interrogation, and nurses can provide advices to patients and guide them how to care for themselves. Most importantly, education on internet has altered traditional mode of teaching. In the interactive teaching environment, both teachers and students can communicate with each other by actively asking questions so that students learn more than they do in the traditional teaching. Furthermore, students can more actively learn the materials on the internet, and teachers devote themselves to tapping courses and researching teaching suitable to network education, far different from being the traditional teachers. All this seems to exert a subtle influence on the way of thinking in humans.

Although technologies have some positive effects on people, there are some negative factors that cannot be ignored. In education, many students may use the searching engine like google, baidu to copy others' homework, or to directly paste the concerned answers without any thinking. Some scholars may easier plagiarize other's research results, who in fact do nothing in one subject. Furthermore, people may spend more time on quickly browsing websites--- a form of skimming activity in which people bounce from one website to another instead of truly exerting their energy on reading and making deep thinking, although they read more news and know more information from home and abroad. Another example is that it takes only a few minutes for someone to calculate dozens of pages of data by choosing the corresponding formula in EXCEL operation——only simply moving mouse on the screen to get the answer, no more thought needed. But, if all these can be positively treated, new technologies, in my opinion, do more benefits for people than harm.

In addition, just as Socrates bemoaned the development of writing, who feared that, as people came to rely on the written word as a substitute for the knowledge which used to be carried in their heads, they would not have exercised their memory and thus have become forgetful. As a matter of fact, today people have greater memory than their progenitors and are ceaselessly looking for various means to strengthen their memory. And if people take advantage of the positive side of the high-tech tools, avoiding wasting their time to worthless things, they will do better. Entering into the 21th century, more and more advanced tools have been produced, and, with them, people are becoming more and more dependent on them to solve problems from life and work. I cannot image the picture that without them, how would one man study, live and work?

In conclusion, I deeply believe that more advanced technologies invented by scientists and technocrats will bring people to a brighter, more glorious future. In turn, people will keep up with the development of technology in order to adapt themselves to new high-tech world in a newer mode of thinking. Consequently, the ability of thinking for human beings is stronger and stronger, not degeneration, how much they use the technologies to solve their problems.

No. of Words: 1062 350 //Write the essay in 30 minutes. For issue essays, around 450 words, for argument essays, around 400 words.

The first two arguments are not exactly right on the topic. Seems you were talking about the advantages of technologies.

--------------------