People's attitudes are determined more by their immediate situation or surroundings than by society as a whole. Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the statement and explain your reasoning for the position

There are many factors that affect attitudes of people but immediate situation or surrounding is not necessary to be the main factor. I believe that society has more influence to determine people’s attitudes for many reasons which will be explored in this essay.

First, attitudes result from long-term experience of people. We cannot justify whether the situation is good or bad without any precedent influence. For example, if we find a man hit his son with a stick to punish him for stealing money, we will certainly compare it to the similar situation in our society. A person from the society that does not use violence to children will think that to punish a child by hitting him is an unacceptable action and we should teach a child by showing the suitable reasons for him. No one can immediately agree or disagree with a specific situation if he or she is not taught by his or her society.

Second, all people want to be accepted by their society, so they tend to follow the way that the majority does. For instance, in some society, burglars are not accepted because the society believes that everyone should try to work in order to earn money themselves. As a result, burglars will not get money from people although these burglars are in emergency situations such as having a serious illness or have a car accident. This is because people are afraid that, if they make donation to these burglars, they will be considered as a person who deviates the society’s norm.

Some people may think that the immediate situations can have great effects on people’s attitude. This may be true because people are sometimes influenced by the current surrounding. They may follow the persuasion of a sale man and buy his products if they do not have any negative information about those products before. However, those immediate situations cannot have more influences than the experience people obtain from the society. If a product is complained by many people, no one will buy it from even the best sale man. Consequently, the society is certainly the main factor to determine people’s attitudes.

All in all, the immediate situation can take some effects to people attitudes but their attitude will be mainly influenced by the society.

-------------
arguments: Good
-------------

----------------------