Scandals are useful because they focus our attention on problems in ways that no speaker or reformer ever could.Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the claim. In developing and supporting your position, be

Scandals are useful because they focus our attention on problems in ways that no speaker or reformer ever could.

Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the claim. In developing and supporting your position, be sure to address the most compelling reasons and/or examples that could be used to challenge your position.

Scandals are always a black mark on the life of the person whose illegal and immoral activities have been brought to limelight and demands a strong sacrifice from the accused. When such issues are brought to the attention of the general public, they gain more importance in a sense that these issues are now viewed by them with more importance. When a speaker or reformer discusses about controversial topics just as another editorial topic or sharing of information with the public, it reaches out to a lesser mass and the issue goes unnoticed. However it is very unlikely to not grab the attention of a large mass if the same issue is a scandal. People will be more eager to know about the scandal and become more aware about it. Let me make my point more strong by stating certain examples.

The famous scandal of a minister of Karnataka watching obscene videos in the Legislative Assembly created waves among the public and many of them were in rage as to how disrespectful the minister could be towards the state assembly. This went viral over the state and many news reporters questioned about the quality of ministers existing in the state. Ultimately, the minister resigned from the assembly. The point to be noted here is that, when such scandals happen, the focus is laid on the quality of ministers elected in the state by the people. Hence people will now be more conscious and evaluative before casting their vote. This has brought about awareness among the public.

Another scandal which shook the IT sector was the scandal by Satyam Computer Services. The chairman of the company Ramalinga Raju confessed that he had falsified the corporate accounts and that he had manipulated the accounts by a huge amount. This was a shocker for all the biggies in the IT industry as well as the professionals. This resulted in the chairman resigning from the company and the company was taken over by the Mahindra and Mahindra Group. This is a scandal that remanins in the memories of each and every individual and people have now become more aware of the risks involved in working in an IT company and never fail to make a thorough research before joining a new company.

But scandals are always on the lower side of the weighing pan and they ruin the career of the person who is exposed. There might be circumstances where the scandals might just be the means to lower a person's reputation. In such cases it is the duty of the public to differentiate between the right and wrong. For example Barrack Obama, the President of USA who was involved in the three major scandals, he had nothing to do with those scandals. His determinatin and his belief on people who had elected him made him continue as the President.

No doubt scandals are useful in focussing our attention on problems but there should be filtering of thoughts by the public and must make the right decisions.

Sentence: This is a scandal that remanins in the memories of each and every individual and people have now become more aware of the risks involved in working in an IT company and never fail to make a thorough research before joining a new company.
Error: remanins Suggestion: remains

Sentence: His determinatin and his belief on people who had elected him made him continue as the President.
Error: determinatin Suggestion: determination

Sentence: No doubt scandals are useful in focussing our attention on problems but there should be filtering of thoughts by the public and must make the right decisions.
Error: focussing Suggestion: No alternate word