Some people believe that government funding of the arts is necessary to ensure that the arts can flourish and be available to all people Others believe that government funding of the arts threatens the integrity of the arts Write a response in which you d

Some people believe that government funding of the arts is necessary to ensure that the arts can flourish and be available to all people. Others believe that government funding of the arts threatens the integrity of the arts.
Write a response in which you discuss which view more closely aligns with your own position and explain your reasoning for the position you take. In developing and supporting your position, you should address both of the views presented.

What is art? Is it a mere collection of abstract figurines? Or is it the deliverance of ideas in the most creative of ways? The evidence of developed art today would bend towards the later. Thus, it can be claimed that art have a humongous influence on the society and hence should be made available to all. The simplest way of doing so would be to hand it over to an authority, vast enough to influence the mass.
The government is an above-par influential body capable of reaching the society. Their support towards the art industry would undoubtably call in innumerable people towards it. In this account, there is a significant way of siding the arts - by providing funding.
This funding could be utilized to further develop the industry in itself. Any industry primarily needs money to keep going and to display further improvement. The funding provided by the government can be used to better the environment for the artist. Say, better quality working institutes for the artistic class to come together to brainstorm better outcome of their skills.
Flourishing of art is a rather ambiguous term. Flourishing in what way? Is it in the quality of the art? The increased inclination of people towards the art? Perhaps it targets both. It is self-evident that art is its sentiment and display. A proper display of an ordinary piece of art might even make it more valuable than it actually is. Government funding towards providing decent art museums would tug at people’s predilection. Flourishing of art is a rather ambiguous term.
Believing that lack of funding on the part of the government would threaten the integrity of the art is a dubious assumption. Deriving a co-relation between the two would be frugal. Integrity of the art – or of anything for that matter – is a subjective phenomenon, subjected only to the artist behind the art. There is no evidence that the scarcity of available funds would discourage the artist in any way. If a sculptor is passionate enough to continue working even in difficult times, marks the integrity of his work.
To conclude, the government by all means has the potential to ensure that the works of multiple artist reach the society by sponsoring and thus flourishing each individual pieces to its optimum level.