To understand the most important characteristics of a society one must study its major cities

To understand the most important characteristics of a society, one must study its major cities.

I don’t agree with the statement given above. Because the statement is logically correct. but to understand the characteristics of a society one must not only study the cities but also all the other areas of the society too.

For example consider India. since it’s most of the population lives in the rural areas, it’s not the best way to analyze the society one must not only study the major cities. cities have cosmopolitan nature. there is always changing of political and technological aspects.

but in the villages since there is not much technology present in there are only few changes. villages are the symbols of our culture and tradition. They describe the heritage of our country.

So I don’t think that it is not best idea to understand a society, one must study major cities. it is better understandable when one studies not only the cities but also the villages. At that time one can understand the full aspects of the society.