Are College Degrees Necessary?

Are College Degrees Necessary?

In todays world having a college degree has become an important part of the lives of many successful educated people. This however doesn’t prove that a person without a degree cannot be successful. This essay examines the importance of a college degree in our lives.

In todays world it has become of utmost importance to have a college degree. This helps a person to get a job easily. Most of the job opportunities demand for a college degree at least. This is because they want their employee to be adequately learned.

A college degree is not just the key to job opportunities but an answer to personal development as well. One can learn a lot from the college degrees and apply to their daily lives. It helps an individual to be more confident and it helps them broaden their minds to the working of the world. Every successful company seeks for employees who have college degrees because these degrees serve as a proof that the individual has a certain amount of learning sense.

There are arguments against having college degrees as well. One does not necessarily require a college degree to be successful. All a person needs is self-determination. People in the older days had lesser means to get a college degree. Still there are few who have been more successful than the learned individuals. These people found ways to make themselves successful without reading on any books. They went out there in the world to get the real taste of life. One such example is Mr. Dhirubhai Ambani, a successful Indian businessman had studied only till class 10 and used to work at a local petrol pump. He ended up opening one of the biggest textile mills and then went further to become one of the richest people in the world. This is because he was street smart. He learned from the real world and real experiences and worked on them instead of any college projects.

I believe that a college degree is not necessary so as if a person can keep up to the challenges the real world will throw in their way. It is difficult but the person has to be highly self-motivated to achieve his targets.

Avg. Sentence Length: 15.458 21.0 (more compound sentences wanted)
Sentence Length SD: 6.048 7.5 (read this link: http://www.testbig.com/question/questions-about-essay-e-rater)