The chart below shows numbers of incidents and injuries per 100 million passenger miles travelled (PMT) by transportation type in 2002. Summarise the information by selecting and reporting the main features, and make comparisons where relevant.
The given bar chart illustrates the numbers of incidents and injuries per 100 million passenger miles travelled stemming from five different means of transport in 2002.
It is obvious that there were more incidents than injuries in all five transportation types. Likewise, the vast majority of incidents and injuries occurred on the demand-response types.
The demand-response vehicles were responsible for 225 incidents and 173 injuries per 100 million passenger miles travelled. These numbers were nearly three times higher than those of bus services which were the second highest sector with 76 incidents and 66 injuries, respectively.
Simultaneously, the number of problems was significantly lower in terms of railway services. While light rail accounted for a similar level of incidents to buses, injury numbers were relatively smaller at 39. Meanwhile, commuter trains made up the smallest statistics for both problems. There were merely 20 incidents and 17 passengers injured recorded on this sort of transport, less than a half of the corresponding figures for the remaining heavy rail.
- Some people believe that there should be fixed punishments for each type of crime. Others, however, argue that the circumstances of an individual crime, and the motivation for committing it, should always be taken into account when deciding on the punishm 85
- The position of women in society has changed markedly in the last twenty years. Many of the problems young people now experience, such as juvenile delinquency, arise from the fact that many married women now work and are not at home to care for their chil 79
- Some people think that museums should be enjoyable places to entertain people, while others believe that the purpose of museums is to educate.Discuss both views and give your own opinion. 50
- Many people think that public libraries should only provide books and should not waste their money on expensive hi-tech media, such as software, DVDs or videos. Do you agree or disagree? 77
- It is widely accepted that people who have post-school qualifications earn a higher salary than those less educated do. University students should, therefore, pay all the full cost incurred over the course of obtaining a college education.To what extent d 90
No. of Words: 167 200
Heavy rail lost
Attribute Value Ideal
Score: 7.5 out of 9
Category: Very Good Excellent
No. of Grammatical Errors: 0 2
No. of Spelling Errors: 0 2
No. of Sentences: 9 10
No. of Words: 167 200
No. of Characters: 911 1000
No. of Different Words: 108 100
Fourth Root of Number of Words: 3.595 4.0
Average Word Length: 5.455 4.6
Word Length SD: 3.018 2.4
No. of Words greater than 5 chars: 66 60
No. of Words greater than 6 chars: 58 50
No. of Words greater than 7 chars: 46 40
No. of Words greater than 8 chars: 29 20
Use of Passive Voice (%): 0 0
Avg. Sentence Length: 18.556 21.0
Sentence Length SD: 5.965 7.5
Use of Discourse Markers (%): 0.444 0.12
Sentence-Text Coherence: 0.438 0.35
Sentence-Para Coherence: 0.678 0.50
Sentence-Sentence Coherence: 0.108 0.07
Number of Paragraphs: 4 4
Thank you for your comment!