The chart shows the participation by young people in sports by gender in Great Britain Write a report for a university lecturer describing the information shown below

The chart shows the participation by young people in sports by gender in Great Britain. Write a report for a university lecturer describing the information shown below.

The graph illustrates the boy and girls interest to some sports in Great Britain in 1999.

In general, both boys and girls have different choices to participate in sports. Football as the most boy popular sport was chosen respectively by almost 70 boys.This number was higher than cycling, which was chosen by more than 58 boys. Next, just over 47 boys tended to choose swimming as the third favourite.

On the contrary, the highest participation at the girl was in swimming. Just over 50 girls chose swimming. This number was actually lower than the first most boy favourite sport. Then, about 50 girls were in cycling. That number showed a contrast difference, just about 23 girls, to be the number of the third popular sport of the girls.

Interestingly, there was a dramatic difference to the number of boys and girls who selected football. The boys’ number was six times of the girls.

Overall, the table shows that the boys mostly prefer football to cycling, and the girls. Then, football became the most unpopular sport of the girls.