The chart shows the division of household tasks by gender in Great Britain Write a report for a university lecturer describing the information shown below

The chart shows the division of household tasks by gender in Great Britain.
Write a report for a university lecturer describing the information shown below.

The chart describes the average of time spending between males and females for household tasks in Great Britain. It shows how many minute per day they spend for each household task.

In total, women in Great Britain spend much bigger time for household tasks rather than men. The longest activity is cooking, women spend 72 minutes per day for it while men just spend 30 minutes per day to do it. Women are also more active in cleaning the house, they spend 58 minutes per day to clean the house, while men spend 12 minutes only per day for it. Washing and ironing clothes almost becomes single duty of women, they spend 24 minutes and men just spend 3 minutes per day.

On the other hand, men are more active in gardening, they spend 49 minutes per day for gardening, while women spend 13 minutes only for it. Men are also spending much time for maintenance along 26 minutes per day when women just spend 9 minutes to do it.

Overall the figures show that men spend less time rather than women for household tasks in Great Britain, women have majority role in cooking, cleaning the house, and washing and ironing the clothes, however men have majority role in maintenance and gardening.