Essay topics: The chart shows the division of household tasks by gender in Great Britain.
Write a report for a university lecturer describing the information shown below.
The chart describes the average of time spending between males and females for household tasks in Great Britain. It shows how many minute per day they spend for each household task.
In total, women in Great Britain spend much bigger time for household tasks rather than men. The longest activity is cooking, women spend 72 minutes per day for it while men just spend 30 minutes per day to do it. Women are also more active in cleaning the house, they spend 58 minutes per day to clean the house, while men spend 12 minutes only per day for it. Washing and ironing clothes almost becomes single duty of women, they spend 24 minutes and men just spend 3 minutes per day.
On the other hand, men are more active in gardening, they spend 49 minutes per day for gardening, while women spend 13 minutes only for it. Men are also spending much time for maintenance along 26 minutes per day when women just spend 9 minutes to do it.
Overall the figures show that men spend less time rather than women for household tasks in Great Britain, women have majority role in cooking, cleaning the house, and washing and ironing the clothes, however men have majority role in maintenance and gardening.
- Some people believe that unpaid community service should be a compulsory part of high school programmes (for example working for a charity, improving the neighbourhood or teaching sports for younger children). To what extend do you agree or disagree? (70.3571)
- Some experts believe that it is better for children to begin learning a foreign language at primary school rather than secondary school.Do the advantages of this outweigh the disadvantages?Give reasons for your answer and include any relevant examples fro (75.2381)
- Some people say that the teaching method with a teacher and students in a classroom will not exist by the year 2050.To what extend do you agree or disagree? (61.25)
- The pie charts below show how dangerous waste products are dealt with in three countries.Summarise the information by selecting and reporting the main features, and make comparison where relevant. (78.3333)
- Some people think that strict punishments for driving offences are the key to reducing traffic accidents. Others, however, believe that other measures would be more effective in improving road safety.Discuss both these views and give your own opinion. (85)
- The diagrams below show the site of a school in 2004 and the plan for changes to the school site in 2024.Summarise the information by selecting and reporting the main features, and make comparisons where relevant. (61.4286)
- It is important to ensure that children with a wide range of abilities and from a variety of social backgrounds mix with each other at school.To what extend do you agree or disagree? (64.2857)
- The charts below show the proportions of the world's oil resources held in different areas, together with the proportions consumed annually in the same areas.Summarise the information by selecting and reporting the main features, and make comparisons whe (47.7778)
- In many countries today insufficient respect is shown to older people.What do you think may be the reasons for this?What problems might this cause in society? Give reasons for your answer and include any relevant examples from your own knowledge or experi (60)
- The graphs below give information about computer ownership as a percentage of the population between 2002 and 2010, and by level of education for the years 2002 and 2010.Summarise the information by selecting and reporting the main features, and make comp (75.7143)