The chart shows the division of household tasks by gender in Great Britain.
Write a report for a university lecturer describing the information shown below.
The chart describes the average of time spending between males and females for household tasks in Great Britain. It shows how many minute per day they spend for each household task.
In total, women in Great Britain spend much bigger time for household tasks rather than men. The longest activity is cooking, women spend 72 minutes per day for it while men just spend 30 minutes per day to do it. Women are also more active in cleaning the house, they spend 58 minutes per day to clean the house, while men spend 12 minutes only per day for it. Washing and ironing clothes almost becomes single duty of women, they spend 24 minutes and men just spend 3 minutes per day.
On the other hand, men are more active in gardening, they spend 49 minutes per day for gardening, while women spend 13 minutes only for it. Men are also spending much time for maintenance along 26 minutes per day when women just spend 9 minutes to do it.
Overall the figures show that men spend less time rather than women for household tasks in Great Britain, women have majority role in cooking, cleaning the house, and washing and ironing the clothes, however men have majority role in maintenance and gardening.
- A person’s worth nowadays seems to be judged according to social status and material possessions. Old-fashioned values, such as honour, kindness and trust, no longer seem important.To what extent do you agree or disagree with this opinion?Give reasons for 48
- Some experts believe that it is better for children to begin learning a foreign language at primary school rather than secondary school.Do the advantages of this outweigh the disadvantages?Give reasons for your answer and include any relevant examples fro 75
- The pie chart below shows the main reasons why agricultural land becomes less productive. The table shows how these causes affected three regions of the world during the 19990s.Summarise the information by selecting and reporting the main features, and ma 60
- In most countries multinational companies and their products are becoming more and more important. This trend is seriously damaging our quality of life.To what extend do you agree or disagree? 60
- Governments make rules to protect people from danger, for example by making people wear seat belts in cars or not allowing smoking in public buildings. However, many people believe there are too many rules nowadays.To what extend do you agree or disagree? 83
Attribute Value Ideal
Score: 7.5 out of 9
Category: Very Good Excellent
No. of Grammatical Errors: 0 2
No. of Spelling Errors: 0 2
No. of Sentences: 9 10
No. of Words: 212 200
No. of Characters: 952 1000
No. of Different Words: 91 100
Fourth Root of Number of Words: 3.816 4.0
Average Word Length: 4.491 4.6
Word Length SD: 2.043 2.4
No. of Words greater than 5 chars: 54 60
No. of Words greater than 6 chars: 46 50
No. of Words greater than 7 chars: 17 40
No. of Words greater than 8 chars: 10 20
Use of Passive Voice (%): 0 0
Avg. Sentence Length: 23.556 21.0
Sentence Length SD: 8.029 7.5
Use of Discourse Markers (%): 0.556 0.12
Sentence-Text Coherence: 0.565 0.35
Sentence-Para Coherence: 0.757 0.50
Sentence-Sentence Coherence: 0.274 0.07
Number of Paragraphs: 4 4