Essay topics: In many countries today insufficient respect is shown to older people.
What do you think may be the reasons for this?
What problems might this cause in society?
Give reasons for your answer and include any relevant examples from your own knowledge or experience.
Respect to the older people is a crucial thing, it is more than just a culture, but it is one of the life older in society environment. In the fact, in many countries shown that low respect to older people is happening. This is become an important issue among the society, because respect to older people is part of value and norms. I personally think that this problem happened because of lack of education about value and norms to children, influence from media television, and lack of character monitoring.
School is the main place for the children to get knowledge about value and norms. Children spend most of their time in the school, so, most of them learn how to communicate and interaction from their school. At this opportunity, a school plays a major role to form and educate the value and norm about how the children should respect to older people.
Mass media such as television plays important role in influence the culture, habit and norm of young children. There are many of negative aspects from television programs today. The parent should decide which one of television programs are good for their children and which are not good. Because, children are can be influenced by television program, because of the capacity of their brain is in receiving time the knowledge although they still do not know is it good or not.
The last cause of this issue is a lack of character monitoring from parents to their children. Most of parents in metropolitan cities are not pay big attention about their children’s character. Parents give full authority for the school to form the character and teach about value and norms, and then parents do not concern to monitor it in daily life.
At the end, I can conclude that school should do a serious concern about value and norms of student, because I believe that the first duty of a school is to teach character, not skills, and educate values, not techniques. Parents should spend their time to monitor the character of their children in daily life.
|Post date||Users||Rates||More about the essay|
|2 months 2 weeks ago||wardiati||73||Read full essay|
|2 months 3 weeks ago||fachryadul92||67||Read full essay|
|2 years 5 months ago||Hussein1987||67||Read full essay|
|2 years 7 months ago||SuperArmut||56||Read full essay|
|2 years 7 months ago||zddemir||56||Read full essay|
|3 years 2 weeks ago||Monica1||73||Read full essay|
|4 years 7 months ago||avu14||75||Read full essay|
|6 years 8 months ago||cholpon||62.2222||Read full essay|
- Some people believe that unpaid community service should be a compulsory part of high school programmes (for example working for a charity, improving the neighbourhood or teaching sports for younger children). To what extend do you agree or disagree? (70.3571)
- Some experts believe that it is better for children to begin learning a foreign language at primary school rather than secondary school.Do the advantages of this outweigh the disadvantages?Give reasons for your answer and include any relevant examples fro (75.2381)
- Some people say that the teaching method with a teacher and students in a classroom will not exist by the year 2050.To what extend do you agree or disagree? (61.25)
- The pie charts below show how dangerous waste products are dealt with in three countries.Summarise the information by selecting and reporting the main features, and make comparison where relevant. (78.3333)
- Some people think that strict punishments for driving offences are the key to reducing traffic accidents. Others, however, believe that other measures would be more effective in improving road safety.Discuss both these views and give your own opinion. (85)
- The diagrams below show the site of a school in 2004 and the plan for changes to the school site in 2024.Summarise the information by selecting and reporting the main features, and make comparisons where relevant. (61.4286)
- It is important to ensure that children with a wide range of abilities and from a variety of social backgrounds mix with each other at school.To what extend do you agree or disagree? (68.75)
- The charts below show the proportions of the world's oil resources held in different areas, together with the proportions consumed annually in the same areas.Summarise the information by selecting and reporting the main features, and make comparisons whe (47.7778)
- In many countries today insufficient respect is shown to older people.What do you think may be the reasons for this?What problems might this cause in society? Give reasons for your answer and include any relevant examples from your own knowledge or experi (60)
- The graphs below give information about computer ownership as a percentage of the population between 2002 and 2010, and by level of education for the years 2002 and 2010.Summarise the information by selecting and reporting the main features, and make comp (75.7143)