In many countries today insufficient respect is shown to older people.
What do you think may be the reasons for this?
What problems might this cause in society?
Give reasons for your answer and include any relevant examples from your own knowledge or experience.
Respect to the older people is a crucial thing, it is more than just a culture, but it is one of the life older in society environment. In the fact, in many countries shown that low respect to older people is happening. This is become an important issue among the society, because respect to older people is part of value and norms. I personally think that this problem happened because of lack of education about value and norms to children, influence from media television, and lack of character monitoring.
School is the main place for the children to get knowledge about value and norms. Children spend most of their time in the school, so, most of them learn how to communicate and interaction from their school. At this opportunity, a school plays a major role to form and educate the value and norm about how the children should respect to older people.
Mass media such as television plays important role in influence the culture, habit and norm of young children. There are many of negative aspects from television programs today. The parent should decide which one of television programs are good for their children and which are not good. Because, children are can be influenced by television program, because of the capacity of their brain is in receiving time the knowledge although they still do not know is it good or not.
The last cause of this issue is a lack of character monitoring from parents to their children. Most of parents in metropolitan cities are not pay big attention about their children’s character. Parents give full authority for the school to form the character and teach about value and norms, and then parents do not concern to monitor it in daily life.
At the end, I can conclude that school should do a serious concern about value and norms of student, because I believe that the first duty of a school is to teach character, not skills, and educate values, not techniques. Parents should spend their time to monitor the character of their children in daily life.
- Some people say that the teaching method with a teacher and students in a classroom will not exist by the year 2050 To what extend do you agree or disagree 65
- Some people think that strict punishments for driving offences are the key to reducing traffic accidents Others however believe that other measures would be more effective in improving road safety Discuss both these views and give your own opinion 89
- The charts below show the proportions of the world's oil resources held in different areas, together with the proportions consumed annually in the same areas.Summarise the information by selecting and reporting the main features, and make comparisons whe 46
- The chart shows the division of household tasks by gender in Great Britain Write a report for a university lecturer describing the information shown below 80
- In most countries multinational companies and their products are becoming more and more important This trend is seriously damaging our quality of life To what extend do you agree or disagree 60
Sentence: This is becomes an important issue among the society, because respect to older people is part of value and norms.
Description: The token is is not usually followed by a verb, present tense, 3rd person singular
Suggestion: Refer to is and becomes
Sentence: Children spend most of their time in the school, so, most of the learn how to communicate and interaction from their school.
Description: The token the is not usually followed by a verb, base: uninflected present, imperative or infinitive
Suggestion: Refer to the and learn
Sentence: Because, children are easily can be influenced by television program, because of the capacity of their brain is in receiving time the knowledge although they still do not know is it good or not.
Description: The fragment are easily can is rare
Sentence: Parents are also should spend their time to monitor the character of their children in daily life.
Description: The fragment are also should is rare
No. of Grammatical Errors: 4 2
Read a good grammar book.
Attribute Value Ideal
Score: 5.0 out of 9
Category: Satisfactory Excellent
No. of Grammatical Errors: 4 2
No. of Spelling Errors: 0 2
No. of Sentences: 16 15
No. of Words: 351 350
No. of Characters: 1633 1500
No. of Different Words: 146 200
Fourth Root of Number of Words: 4.328 4.7
Average Word Length: 4.652 4.6
Word Length SD: 2.422 2.4
No. of Words greater than 5 chars: 103 100
No. of Words greater than 6 chars: 82 80
No. of Words greater than 7 chars: 50 40
No. of Words greater than 8 chars: 34 20
Use of Passive Voice (%): 0 0
Avg. Sentence Length: 21.938 21.0
Sentence Length SD: 7.717 7.5
Use of Discourse Markers (%): 0.438 0.12
Sentence-Text Coherence: 0.37 0.35
Sentence-Para Coherence: 0.552 0.50
Sentence-Sentence Coherence: 0.151 0.07
Number of Paragraphs: 5 5