Some people believe that unpaid community service should be a compulsory part of high school programmes for example working for a charity improving the neighbourhood or teaching sports for younger children To what extend do you agree or disagree

Some people believe that unpaid community service should be a compulsory part of high school programmes (for example working for a charity, improving the neighbourhood or teaching sports for younger children).
To what extend do you agree or disagree?

Unpaid community service is a part from social action of a society. It is a social contribution from society to help each other in this life. One of the major actors which have the biggest influence to determine this issue is the high school. Because of it, most people believe that unpaid community service should be a serious concern of a high school, it means that the unpaid community service should be a compulsory part of high school programmes. Personally, I strongly agree with this option. Student will get a lot of benefits from the program. It gives good effects toward student social concern and character building.

The first effect is increasing the social concern from the student about unpaid community service. The high school is able to make strong awareness of its student regarding society condition around their environment. Through the program, student could have a broader understanding about unpaid community service, and understand how to prepare a good unpaid service for community. However, without becoming a compulsory program from the school, student will not pay big attention about social service for people.

The second effect is building the character of the student. By applying the social actions as part of compulsory program, student will learn deeper about social contribution for society which has influence on the character of student. Based on my personal experience, when a community doing a charity program to help other people, I felt it influence my character to be stronger and increased my confidence to do charity as more as possible in my life.

At the end, I can conclude that it is a good decision to include unpaid community services as compulsory part of high school programmes. High school is the best place for student to build excellent awareness regarding the social issue, and could contribute toward the social character for the student as well.