The chart shows the division of household tasks by gender in Great Britain. Write a report for a university lecturer describing the information shown below.

khj's picture

The given bar chart highlights the number of household chores which is based on gender in Great Britain and it also reports minutes per person per day.

As an initial clear point, the males prefer gardening over any other task, and dislike performing clothes washing the most. Not only is this point clear, but also women love cooking the most, while maintenance is their least Favorite household job.

The first specific detail of note is that women more than double the men in cooking with a 74 to 30 minute difference. Another important detail is that the women do the cleaning for about 45 minutes more than the men. Next, with the gardening, the men perform this task for around 49.5 minutes and the women for less than half of this number, at 21 minutes.

With the care of children, women far exceed the men in this area by 45 minutes each day. Beside this point the men do maintenance almost three times more than the women. On a final note, the women spend 25 minutes a day washing clothes, while the man only use 2 minutes to do this.