Essay topics: In the developed world, average life expectancy is increasing. What problems will this cause for individuals and society? Suggest some measures that could be taken to reduce the impact of ageing populations.
Modern era is the era of science and technology. Medical science has been improved a lot since last 50 years. Invention of new drugs, improved way of disease detection and successful prevention of many life threatening disease make people live longer than ever before. The positive effects of improved medical facilities are clearly seen in the developed countries.
The economy of the industrialized countries mainly depend on the number of capable workers. Aged people cannot work hard as the young people can do. Moreover most of the aged peoples depends on government money for their living. In a word, if the percentage of aged people increases, the economy of the country become weaker.
Aged people usually posses old thoughts. Sometimes they are not helpful to welcome new thoughts and social improvements. As they depend on government money for their living, sometimes they become frustrated and become alcoholic or violent.
But in ethical sense, it is our dream to increase the length of people's life. Everybody wants a happier, healthier and longer life. The young people will be aged people once. So both young and aged people need to take the issue as the problem of human kind.
In many cases being blessed by the modern medical facilities aged people can work well even after their retirement. Government should increase the limit of retirement age so that aged people can contribute more for the country.
Government can establish industries specially for the older people. Government can engage aged people to the work that is not hard to do such as taxi driving, clerical tasks, monitoring tasks etc.
Increase in number of older people has some impacts on economy and society of a country but definitely we will not try to resolve this problem by removing medical facilities on them and let them die soon. We should take these impacts as blessings and try to work hard together to minimize their negative effects on society and country.
|Post date||Users||Rates||More about the essay|
|1 week 3 days ago||RSudhir||56||Read full essay|
|1 week 3 days ago||RSudhir||89||Read full essay|
|3 months 1 week ago||email2singhn||61||Read full essay|
|3 months 1 week ago||Thu Ngo||61||Read full essay|
|3 months 2 weeks ago||lenguyenynhitk||61||Read full essay|
|6 months 1 week ago||baharferdosi||78||Read full essay|
|6 months 1 week ago||baharferdosi||75.5||Read full essay|
|8 months 3 weeks ago||ngochoa.utc||70.5||Read full essay|
|10 months 3 weeks ago||jimpan||73||Read full essay|
|12 months 3 days ago||Monica1||73||Read full essay|
- Some people believe that there should be fixed punishment for each type of crime. Others, however agree that the circumstances of an individual crime and the motivation for committing it should always be taken into account when deciding on the punishment. (92.5)
- It is generally believed that some people are born with certain talents, for instance for sport or music, and others are not. However, it is sometimes claimed that any child can be taught to become a good sports person or musician.Discuss both these views (45)
- Some people believe that children are given too much free time. They feel that this time should be used to do more school work. How do you think children should spend their free time? (70)
- Some people believe that a government's responsibility should provide care and financial support for people after they retire. Other said that people should help themselves. Do you agree or disagree, and what is your opinion? (60)
- In the developed world, average life expectancy is increasing. What problems will this cause for individuals and society? Suggest some measures that could be taken to reduce the impact of ageing populations. (56)
- In many countries nowadays, young single people no longer stay with their parents until they are married, but leave to study or work somewhere else.Do you think this trend has more advantages or disadvantages? (80)
- Some people regard video games as harmless fun, or even as a useful educational tool. Others, however, believe that videos games are having an adverse effect on the people who play them. In your opinion, do the drawbacks of video games outweigh the benefi (80)
- More houses are needed in many countries to cope with increasing populations. Would it be better to build houses in existing towns and cities, or to develop new towns in rural areas? (50)