Essay topics: Going overseas for university study is an exciting prospect for many people. But while it may offer some advantages, it is probably better to stay home because of the difficulties a student inevitably encounters living and studying in a different culture.
Studying abroad is one of the events that siginificantly leaves a footprint in each person's life. Nowadays, as the whole world is growing closer, a lot of students are motivated to study abroad. It goes without question that improvement of communication and transportation has made such an experience much easier than it used to be in the past. Earlier, such an experience has been considered as an extroardinary skill that outlines an apllicant for a job, whereas today it is a crucial anf vital part of career progression or even getting a job in some sectors.
The benefits of studying abroad are very clear. Learning new cultures and trying to get integrated in new societies gives the student a unique skill that cannot be reached without going abroad, Language skills will definitely improve in foreign countries. Through communication with native speakers a person gains more knowledge about the language and gets more confidence using it.
Living far away from home without relying in parents, family and friends helps a student to improve his character and tackle new challenges. Howver, exactly this point is seem as the hardest barrier in taking such a decision. Living miles away from home can lead to a strong feeling of home sickness. Despite new communication ways such as the internet, a person can sometimes fail to adapt the a new society without being surrounded by his family. It can lead to a negative impact on his entire life in the future.
Trying to build a new network of family and friends can be difficult for a lot of people and they end up sometimes living very isolated. This may lead to bad academic results and psychological health probelms such as depression. Furthermore, the financial aspect must also be taken into account, as living abroad normally costs more money.
Nevertheless, I would always motivate each student to go ahead with such an experience, as the benefits will always overweight the disadvantages and will company them in their entire life.
|Post date||Users||Rates||More about the essay|
|1 year 1 month ago||ahfish||41.5||Read full essay|
|3 years 5 months ago||aqilelekberov||40||Read full essay|
|3 years 5 months ago||Rashad||70||Read full essay|
|3 years 5 months ago||aslanov634||40||Read full essay|
|3 years 7 months ago||okta||40||Read full essay|
|3 years 7 months ago||gagayuyu||40||Read full essay|
|3 years 8 months ago||ajigayuh2||47.5||Read full essay|
|3 years 11 months ago||avista_nada||62.5||Read full essay|
|4 years 2 weeks ago||Yves||63||Read full essay|
- Some people prefer to spend their lives doing tha same things and avoiding change? Others, however, think that change is always a good thing?Discuss both views and give your own opinion.Give reasons for your answers and include any relevant examples from (83.63639999999999)
- Going overseas for university study is an exciting prospect for many people. But while it may offer some advantages, it is probably better to stay home because of the difficulties a student inevitably encounters living and studying in a different culture. (70.4545)
- Some people prefer to spend their lives doing the same thing and avoiding change. Others, however, think that change is always a good thing. Discuss both these views and give your own opinion. (78.66670000000001)
- Increasing the price of petrol is the best way to solve traffic and pollution. What extend do you agree or disagree? What other measures do you think more effective? (81.25)
- A couple of days ago you have moved into a new house and there is a damage. Write a letter to your landlord about it (53.3333)
- A couple of days ago you have moved into a new house and there has been a damage. Write a letter to your landlord informing him about it (10)