The graph below shows the proportion of the population aged 65 and over between 1940 and 2040 in three different countries Summarise the information by selecting and reporting the main features and make comparisons where relevant Cambridge ielts 5 page

The line chart illustrates the percentage of old people aged 65 or more in three different countries over a period of 100 years.
At the start of the period, the proportion of elderly who had aged 65 or over in the USA at about 9%, the figure for Japan and Swedish was lower around 7% and 5% respectively. In the following 40 years, there was a slight increase in the percentage of old people in American and Swedish by around 15% in 1980, while it is stable for proportion elderly in Japan from 1940 to the early 2000s.
The percentage of older who was 65 years old or more tend to unchanged between 1980 to 2000 in the USA. It is expected that inhabitants aged 65 or over reach in three different countries during the 20 years remaining, especially Japan is predicted rise drastically at more than 25% by 2040, the figure for American and Swedish are expected will increase to 23% and 25% respectively at the end of the period.
Overall, the chart saw that the proportion of older tends to increased for all three nations from 1940 to 2040, and Japan is expected to see the most dramatic changes in its elderly populations.