Essay topics: In order to learn language well, we should also learn about the country as well as the cultures and lifestyles of people who speak it. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
It is true that learning new language is not easy for many people. While I accept that people have reasons why they ignore cultures and lifestyles in learning process, I believe that good students should learn not only language itself but also cultures and lifestyles of the country they learn.
People have no desire to gain their knowledge regarding the country, the cultures, as well as the lifestyles of societies in the country because of a lot of reasons. The first, students do not need to study deeply. Language learners just require the language for their business instead of full understanding. For instance, students are required to have listening, writing, reading, speaking as well. The second, most people prefer instant skill than long-time need. It will take much time to add new knowledge such as history of the country, the cultures, and the lifestyles. The third, lazy students have no passion to know more about them because they have to attempt bigger than they do before.
Nevertheless, good students who want to obtain their knowledge comprehensively are suggested to learn how country was created, how citizens interact with others, as well as how people fill their days. While people look for new insight about cultures and lifestyles, they automatically understand more about the language. They can relate the knowledge to the language which they are trying to understand. Therefore, students who want to make literature as their focus must pick cultures and lifestyle lessons on their study because of their obligation in campus life.
Based on what I wrote above, I conclude that many people easily leave cultures and lifestyles because of many reasons. I believe that, people who are expert in language must take courses in order to fulfill their necessity in the language they learn.
- Some people believe that visitors to other countries should follow local customs and behaviour. Others disagree and think that the host country should welcome curtural differences. Discuss both these views and give your own opinion. (76.5217)
- The pie charts below show units of electricity production by fuel source in Australia and France in 1980 and 2000. Summarize the information by selecting and reporting the main features, and make comparisons where relevant. (68.88890000000001)
- The map below is of the town of Garlsdon. A new supermarket (S) is planned for the town. The map shows two possible sites for the Supermarket. Summarize the information by selecting and reporting the main features, and make comparisons where relevant. (75)
- The graph below shows the quantities of goods transported in the UK between 1974 and 2002 by four different modes of transport. Summarize are the information by selecting and reporting the main features, and make comparisons where relevant. (77.5)
- In some countries the average weight of people is increasing and their levels of health and fitness are decreasing. What do you think are the causes of these problems and what measures could be taken to solve them? (80)
- Some people think that a sense of competition in children should be encouraged. Others believe that children who are taught to co-operate rather than compete become more useful adults. Discuss both these views and give your own opinion. (76.8293)
- The graph below shows the number of complaints made about noise to Environmental Health authorities in the city of Newtown between 1980 and 1996. Summarize the information by selecting and reporting and reporting the main features, and make comparisons wh (57.5)
- Some people believe that personal happiness is directly related to economic success, Others believe that there are other factors. Discuss both views and give your opinion. (68.75)
- Television is dangerous because of it destroys family life and any sense of community. Instead of visiting people or talking with our family we just watch television. (56.6667)
- Some people believe that there should be fixed punishments for each type of crime. Others, however, argue that circumstances of an individual crime, and the motivation for committing it, should always be taken into account when deciding on the punishment. (53.3333)