Essay topics: With the pressure on today's people to succeed academically, some people believe that non-academic subjects at school (e.g.: physical education and cookery should be removed from the syllabus so that children can wholly concentrate on academic subjects. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
In this day and age, it is widely believed that time in school should be purely devoted to academic subjects like language and mathematics, which are most essential for young people to get a well-paid job in the future. Conversely, some people claim that non-academic subjects should be removed from the curriculum. Although studying them is not essential from an academic perspective, it is necessary for children to have a well-rounded education. Moreover, education without such non-academic subjects as music and physical education would certainly be boring and colourless.
In one hand, due to of technological enhancement, academic knowledge nowadays is more necessary than artistic one. For ...
Subscribe now as testbig VIP readers and get unlimited access to essays on the top list.
- University should accept equal numbers of male and female students in every subject.To what extent do you agree or disagree? (73)
- The graph below shows the proportion of the population aged 65 and over between 1940 and 2040 in three different countries.Summarise the information by selecting and reporting the main features, and make comparisons where relevant. (84)
- Some people believe that hobbies need to be difficult to be enjoyable. To what extent do you agree or disagree? (52.5)
- Nowadays the way many people interact with each other has changed because of technology. In what ways has technology affected the types of relationships people make? Has this become positive or negative development? (63.3333)
- Writing task 1 (70)
- Some people claim that what people it in many Western countries is unhealthy and that their diet is getting worse. Critics say these countries should change their diet. What are your opinions on this? (62.2222)
- writing task 1 ( 04.07.13) (63.3333)
- Scientists and the news media are presenting ever more evidence of climate change. Governments cannot be expected to solve this problem. It is the responsibility of individuals to change their lifestyle to prevent further damage. What are your views? (91.66670000000001)
- The charts below show UK and USA energy consumption in 2000 and 2006. (67.1429)
- The diagram below shows the average hours of unpaid work per week done by people in different categories. (Unpaid work refers to such activities as childcare in the home, housework and gardening.)Describe the information presented below, comparing results (66.25)