Essay topics: Some people believe that governments should pay for health care and education; others, however, think this is not the governments’ responsibility. What is your opinion
Nowadays, health care and education have become focus of the people’s concern. It is a highly debated issue as to who should pay for these services. There are those who argue that government should pay for them while others think the costs should be shouldered by individuals. Personally, I think that basic health care and primary education should be on the government but advanced health care and higher education should be borne by the individual.
It is irrefutable that it is the government’s responsibility to make basic health care and primary education accessible to everyone. The reason is that a nation’s prosperity very much depends on the contribution made by its well-educated citizens who are in good health. After all we all pay taxes and so we are entitled to get something back in return. Private schools and private hospitals can be available for those who want and can afford it but the free schools and free government hospitals should always be there.
On the other hand, individuals should be responsible for their advanced health care. Actually, the advanced medical and surgical treatments are very experience. So, instead of depending on government we should take some health insurance or save in any other way with the tomorrow in mind. Higher education, too benefits the individual more than the nation. So it is quite reasonable to pay for it from one’s pocket.
There are, of course, some sections of society who cannot afford their own healthcare. The government should have some system of knowing their financial status and provide free healthcare so that nobody dies for want of treatment. As far as higher education is concerned, the government can have some system of interest free loans for the needy and meritorious students.
To sum up, basic health care and primary education should be borne by the government but advanced health care and education should be paid by the individual from his pocket.
- Some say that TV commercials are useful and others are not. Give your opinion. (85)
- Nowadays people show more anti-social behaviour and lack of respect to others. What are the causes? How could we improve the situation? (69.2593)
- In the Country’s the population is overcrowded, more homes to be constructed.Is it better to construct houses in the existing cities or to create new towns in the countryside? (56.6667)
- Some people believe that governments should pay for health care and education; others, however, think this is not the governments’ responsibility. What is your opinion (66.66670000000001)
- Public celebrations (national days, festivals) are held in many countries. Some people say that these celebrations are a waste of money and we should spend money on more important things. Do you agree or disagree? Give your reasons and examples according (71.92310000000001)
- People are living longer now than ever before. At the same time the young population is declining while the number of old people is rising. Will this development be a benefit for the society? What are the advantages and disadvantages of having more old pe (61.8182)