Some people say that advertising encourages us to buy things we really do not need Others say that advertisements tell us about new products that may improve our lives Which viewpoint do you agree with Use specific reasons and examples to support your ans

It is often believed that advertising has affected our lives in many ways. While some people say that advertising motivates us to buy unwanted items, others say that it makes us aware of new products that may be required for the betterment of our lives. I certainly agree that advertising encourages people to make unnecessary purchases. However, it is also necessary to know about new products in the market to make a better purchase.

The main aim of adverts is to convince its target customers that their product is very attractive and is one of a kind. To achieve this, they use marketing techniques like endorsements with famous celebrities, who are capable to influence the masses. In addition to this, advertisers use real-life examples to promote their goods, which creates a requirement by consumers, that may not be of any use to them. Sometimes, sellers also offer discounts or free products to attract buyers, but as a fact, the cost offered is usually higher than the original cost. As a result, individuals make several hasty purchases by becoming easy targets for advertisers.

On the other hand, some advertisements provide awareness of new inventions or innovations. This helps in understanding what various products offer and helps in making a better purchase at times. It also informs a customer about the choices they can have while shopping. For example, a soap brand advertises a newly launched a hand-sanitizer that is COVID effective will provide options to the consumer while buying s sanitizer.

To conclude, on one hand, advertising greatly influences people to shop things that are not needed and on the other, it informs about new additions.