some people think that strict punishments for driving offences are the key to reducing traffic accidents Others however believe that other measures would be more effective in improving road safety Discuss both these views and give your own opinion

some people think that strict punishments for driving offences are the key to reducing traffic accidents. Others, however, believe that other measures would be more effective in improving road safety.

Discuss both these views and give your own opinion.

Nowadays, there are more traffic accidents happening and some people think that strict punishments for driving offences are the key to reducing traffic accidents. Whereas, others believe other measures would be more effective in improving road safety. In my opinion, i find both views are correct.

First of all, i will be discussing about having strict punishments for driving offences.There are quite number of driving offences, such as drunk driving, hit and run, exceeding road limit speed, and driving when it is red light etc. I feel that strict punishments should be given to the drivers as these offences are counted crimes, and when there is crime there should be punishment. The strict punishments should include being fined and deduct points for minor offences where there is no accidents involved, and going to jail and losing driving licenses for major offences such as hit and run or knocking people down etc.

However, other measures such as reducing road speed for highway, remote places or during peak hours, and installing more traffic cameras to capture cars that exceed speed limit, are also effective in improving road safety. There should also be police officers patrolling places where there are pubs, clubs or drinking places to ensure that people do not drive after drinking. These measures will help to improve road safety as drivers will be more cautions when driving.

Therefore, in conclusion, i find both views are correct, but not to the point where "other measures would be more effective...". I feel that there is no right or wrong in both views and both are equally effective. Hence, it may be more effective if both are used together.