Some school leavers tend to go travelling or work for a period of time before going to university directly what do you think are the advantages and disadvantages and what is your own opinion

Some school leavers tend to go travelling or work for a period of time before going to university directly. what do you think are the advantages and disadvantages and what is your own opinion?

It is true that some school leavers prefer to go travelling or gaining some working experience first before consider going to University to obtain a degree as there are more benefit that they can get by working first. While I agree with the statement, I believe that going university first would be essential in order to prepare them in a tight competition of surviving in the modern era.

Generally, many school leavers would leave school because they do not enjoy academic study. Some has chosen to travel. In this way, they are able to go to new places, meet a lot of people and hence learn abou...

to go travelling or gaining some working experience
to go travelling or to gain some working experience

Some has chosen to travel.
Some have chosen to travel.

if one's has a working experience,
if one has a working experience,

they may have no difficulty in adapting in real working life compare to those who do not have working experience at all.
they may have no difficulty in adapting in real working life in comparison to those who do not have working experience at all.

one's may feel comfortable working,
one may feel comfortable working,