Televised talent shows have become popular in many societies today.Are these shows a good method of finding talented people, or are they just entertainment? Give reasons for your answer and include any relevant examples from your own knowledge or experien

Televised talent shows have become popular in many societies today.

Are these shows a good method of finding talented people, or are they just entertainment?

Give reasons for your answer and include any relevant examples from your own knowledge or experience. (Study Sample)

In many countries today, you find talent shows on television. They are certainly entertaining, because many people watch them and talk about them. However, I also think they are a good way to make people famous.

Talent shows are popular because viewers enjoy seeing people like themselves on television. They can also vote for their favorite performers and help someone succeed, which makes the shows very exciting. Though many competitors lose, this is normal in a competition, and they still have their memories of taking part.

Some people say that the people who run talent shows make too much money. For example, we have a show on television in my country and the judges earn thousands of dollars. However, this is not unusual for an entertainment programme, and these people are very powerful. If someone wins a show like The X Factor, they will earn a lot of money, too.

This is very different from the past. Twenty years ago, you could only become famous through meeting someone who had an entertainment business. This meant that it was difficult to show your talent unless you were quite wealthy. Nowadays, anyone who is talented and wants to perform can enter a competition and win. What is more, they will get a lot of support with their future career. I think this is much fairer.

In conclusion, I agree that talent shows are entertaining, but I also think they help many people who want a career in the music industry. Although people lose, everyone likes to see an ordinary person get lucky and become famous