The chart below shows the amount of leisure time enjoyed by men and women of different employment status.

A glance at the figure provided elucidates the data on the number of spare-time hours spent in a typical week in an interim starting from 1998 and ending in 1999, with regard to gender and occupation status. It is apparent from the information supplied that there is no figure accounted for partially employed and household males.

As is observed from the bar chart, evident is the fact that fully employed males were far more likely to have more off-time than their female counterparts, approximately 50 hours collating to a mere 38 hours. As for the proportion of men and women worked in a half-day basis, and those who were in a status of housewife, during the time in question, it is noteworthy that housewives surpassed females occupied as part-time employees in hours of pastime, namely roughly 50 hours and almost 40 hours each, whilst there is no data recorded on males for these job statuses.

In stark contrast, the remaining two figures, videlicet unemployed and retired, show considerably similar proportions, as men being accounted for roughly 80 hours, were first in terms of amount of off-time. Numbering almost 70 hours, meanwhile, women were second.

All things considered, it follows that males, overall, enjoyed more leisure hours in comparison to females.