The table below gives information about the underground railway systems in six cities.
Summarize the information by selecting and reporting the main features, and make comparisons where relevant.
The table provides the information about the underground railway systems in six different cities.
The oldest underground systems among the six cities are in London where the systems were opened in 1863, followed by Paris and Tokyo in 1900 and 1927 respectively. In Los Angeles, the underground railway systems started just after the beginning of 21st century, whereas in Kyoto and Washington DC they started from 1981 and 1976 respectively.
If we look at the kilometers of route, it decreases as the age of systems increases with just one exception. The underground railway systems in London has total distance of 394 km which is the maximum among in 6 cities whereas the Kyoto has minimum route of only 11 kilometers.
Underground railway systems in Tokyo serve the maximum number of passengers per year which is 1927 millions whereas in Kyoto and Los Angeles, because of having the short route, the system only serve 45 and 50 million passengers per year which is significantly lower than in other 4 cities.
- The charts below show the main reasons for study among students of different age groups and the amount of support they received from employers. Summarize the information by selecting and reporting the main features, and make comparisons where relevant. 43
- Every year several languages die out Some people think that this is not important because life will be easier if there are fewer languages in the world To what extent do you agree or disagree with this opinion 93
- The chart below shows the total number of minutes ( in billions) of telephone calls in the UK, divided into three categories from 1995 to 2002. Summarize the information by selecting and reporting the main features and make comparisons where relevant. 80
- Some people believe that visitors to other countries should follow local customs and behavior. Others disagree and think that host countries should welcome cultural differences. Discuss both views and give your opinion. 80
- The graph below shows the quantities of good transported in the UK between 1974 and 2002 by four different modes of transport. Summarize the information by selecting and reporting the main features, and make comparison where relevant. 80
which is significantly lower than in other 4 cities.
which is significantly lower than that in other 4 cities.
Attribute Value Ideal
Score: 7.0 out of 9
Category: Good Excellent
No. of Grammatical Errors: 1 2
No. of Spelling Errors: 0 2
No. of Sentences: 6 10
No. of Words: 169 200
No. of Characters: 828 1000
No. of Different Words: 92 100
Fourth Root of Number of Words: 3.606 4.0
Average Word Length: 4.899 4.6
Word Length SD: 2.664 2.4
No. of Words greater than 5 chars: 58 60
No. of Words greater than 6 chars: 47 50
No. of Words greater than 7 chars: 23 40
No. of Words greater than 8 chars: 19 20
Use of Passive Voice (%): 0 0
Avg. Sentence Length: 28.167 21.0
Sentence Length SD: 10.838 7.5
Use of Discourse Markers (%): 0.667 0.12
Sentence-Text Coherence: 0.523 0.35
Sentence-Para Coherence: 0.824 0.50
Sentence-Sentence Coherence: 0.19 0.07
Number of Paragraphs: 4 4