The table below gives information on consumer spending on different items in five different countries in 2002

The table compares the percentage of three different expenses spent by the consumer in five countries in 2002. Overall, people in all countries spent their money mostly on food/drinks, while the leisure/education was the lowest expenditure.

As food was the major spending in all countries, Turkey was the country that had the highest percentage of spending in this category about 32.14 %, followed by Ireland as much as 28.91%. Meanwhile, it was noticeable that the clothing expense was by far the most common spending in Italy at 9.00%. By contrast, this category was the least percentage of payment that the Sweden did in 2002 about 5.40%.

It can be clearly seen that the Turkey ranked at first on the leisure/education spending, while the Sweden was at the second on this category by 4.35% and 3.22% respectively. It was not more than 2% of total expenses that the Spain paid for education.

To sum up, the percentage of expense that each country paid for three different items was varied. However, amongst five different countries, the Turkey had the highest payment in 2 types, whereas, the Sweden was reasonably less in all expenditure.

while the leisure/education was the lowest expenditure.
while the leisure/education was at the lowest expenditure.

this category was the least percentage of payment
this category has the least percentage of payment

the Turkey ranked at first on the leisure/education spending
Turkey ranked first on the leisure/education spending

while the Sweden was at the second on this category
while Sweden was at the second on this category

the Turkey had the highest payment
Turkey had the highest payment