The table below gives information on consumer spending on different items in five different countries in 2002. Summarise the information by selecting and reporting the main features, and make comparisons where relevant.

The data displays information on consumer expenditure on different categories in five different regions of the world in 2002.

What stands out of the table is that in all 5 countries assessed, most of their incomes were spent in food, drink or tobacco. Turkish population invested the highest percentage of money in this category reaching 32.14% followed by Ireland with 28.91%. The expenditure on these products on other countries like Italy, Spain or Sweden is under 20%. It is also pointing out that there are slightly differences in consumer spending on clothing or footwear, all the countries spent from 5% to 9% on these categories.

On the other hand, leisure and education was the last consumer spending. Turkish consumers invested 4.35% while others countries like Italy, Sweden and Ireland were under 4%. The region with the lower percentage of money spent on this category was Spain with 1.98%.

To sum up, the main trend that can be observed in this data is that in 2002 consumers of all the countries assessed invest most of their money in food, drinks and tobacco followed by clothing and footwear and finally leisure and education.

Sentence: Turkish consumers invested 4.35 while others countries like Italy, Sweden and Ireland were under 4.
Description: A noun, plural, common is not usually followed by a noun, plural, common
Suggestion: Refer to others and countries