In some countries the average weight of people is increasing and their levels of health and fitness are decreasing. What do you think are the causes of these problems and what measures could be taken to solve them?

In many parts of the world the average weight of people is growing up while the number of healthy and fit people is decreasing. This essay will look at the reasons for this and propose some solutions.

One of the main causes of the problem is the high price of healthy food live vegetables and fruit. Nowadays many families receive only one salary per month and with that amount of money they have to pay the medical insurance, bills, school fees and of course, food for all the family. In this situation it is much cheaper to buy fast-food than vegetables which they can’t afford. To tackle this issue the government should apply food discounts to people who struggle to make ends meet.

Another undeniable aspect is the good taste of fast food. If we asked children if they rather eat a green salad or a succulent pizza while watching TV most of them would probably choose the second option. To solve this problem schools should promote sports and physical activity, not only during PE classes, but also encouraging children to practice sport in their leisure time.

A third cause of the problem is time. Many people argue after working long shifts they want to do nothing but relax in the sofa. If work shifts were shorter, people could spent more time exercising in the gym or spend their weekend playing with their children.

To sum up, in my opinion to solve the problem it is clear that people need to open their eyes and realize how important it is to have healthy habits which confer physical and mental benefits and decreases the probability of suffering from a wide variety of diseases in the future.

Sentence: One of the main causes of the problem is the high price of healthy food live vegetables and fruit.
Description: A noun, singular, common is not usually followed by an adjective
Suggestion: Refer to food and live

not only during PE classes, but also encouraging children to practice sport in their leisure time.
Description: Not only...but also is not used properly. can you re-write this sentence?

people could spent more time
people could spend more time