18 The diagram below shows how coffee is produced and prepared for sale in supermarkets and shops

18. The diagram below shows how coffee is produced and prepared for sale in supermarkets and shops.

The picture demonstrates the procedure of making coffee powder which would be sold in jars in supermarkets.

It is noticeable that there are three main stages to produce coffee before it is ready to be sold in stores. The coffee beans need to be roasted, cooled, ground, put in the water and dried.

As we can see, before roasting the coffee beans in a furnace, people pick up and then dry beans under the sun. After reached a certain temperature, all the beans should be taken into a freezer and cool down immediately. At the following step, people need to grind beans, mix them with hot water and filter them to get a coffee mixture. Next, the mixture is put into the freezer again and ground after it has been frozen. The powder passed through a vacuum to dry the moisture out and finally packed into jars.