5 The charts below show the average percentages in typical meals of three types of nutrients all of which may be unhealthy if eaten too much Summaries the information by selecting and reporting the main features and make comparisons where relevant

5. The charts below show the average percentages in typical meals of three types of nutrients, all of which may be unhealthy if eaten too much.
Summaries the information by selecting and reporting the main features and make comparisons where relevant.

The three pie charts demonstrate the average proportions of sodium, saturated fat and added sugar consumed in breakfast, lunch, dinner and snacks in the USA. The higher percentages of the three nutrients, the less healthy the meals would be.

According to the graphs, American normally ate 43% of sodium from dinners, which was the main source of this nutrition. In the meantime, while the highest percentage of added sugar (42%) was from snacks, there was 23% of it from dinner. In addition, the majority of saturated fat (37%) was from dinners. In conclude, dinners provided the most nutrients which were negative for health.

Comparing to dinners and snacks, breakfasts and lunches have lower percentages of the three harmful nutrients. With 14% of sodium, 16% of saturated fat and 16% of added sugar, breakfasts were the healthiest meal for American. Although lunches had more sodium (29%) and saturated fat (26%) than snacks, it provided less added sugar (19%).