The bar chart below shows the percentage of Australian men and women in different age groups who did a regular physical activity in 2010 Summarise the information by selecting and reporting the main features and make comparisons where relevant

The bar chart below shows the percentage of Australian men and women in different age groups who did a regular physical activity in 2010.
Summarise the information by selecting and reporting the main features, and make comparisons where relevant.

The bar chart compares the proportions of Australian males and females in six age categories who were physically active regularly in 2010.

Overall, it is clear that middle-aged females were the most physically active, proportionally, while males aged 35 to 44 did the least physical activity.

In the youngest age category (from 15 to 24), almost 53% of Australian men and only 47.7% of women engaged in regular physical activity in 2010. However, between the ages of 25 to 44, men were less active on average than women. In the 35 to 44 age group, a mere 39.5% of males exercised regularly, compared to 52.5% of females.

Between the ages of 45 and 64, the percentages of males doing regular physical activity rose to around 45%, while the rates of females remained around 8% higher, at 53%. Finally, the rates of Australian men and women between the age of 65 and over who exercised regularly were almost identical, at approximately 47%.