The bar chart below shows the top ten countries for the production and consumption of electricity in 2014.Summaries the information by selecting and reporting the main features, and make comparisons where relevant. Write at least 150 words.

doubletee's picture

The bar chart depict the amount of electricity generation and usage among ten leading countries in 2014. Overall, it can be seen that all countries produced more amount of electricity than their usage, except for Germany.

China was on the first place, with amount of electricity produced at 5398 billion kWh while only used 5322 billion kWh. The next was United States, which generated 4099 billion kWh electricity and utilized 3866 billion kWh. However, there was a great divergence between the first two countries and the rest eight countries, at approximately more than 3000 billion kWh.

Russia, Japan, India, and Canada were on the third, fourth, fifth, and sixth place, respectively. The generation amount were ranging from around 600 billion kWh to approximately 1000 billion kWh, while used electricity between about 490 billion kWh and 1000 billion kWh. On the seventh and eighth placed were Brazil and Germany, which had similar amount of production and consumption, at around 500 billion kWh for generation, and approximately 450 billion kWh for utilization. At the last place was Korea Rep. which generated 485.1 billion kWh electricity and used 449.5 billion kWh.