The bar chart below shows the top ten countries for the production and consumption of electricity in 2014.Summaries the information by selecting and reporting the main features, and make comparisons where relevant. Write at least 150 words.

kongminh113's picture

The bar chart illustrates the ten countries producing and consuming the most electricity in 2014.

In general, it can be seen that the electricity production and consumption in China and the U.S were multiple times higher than those in other nations. In addition, while the common pattern was production rate being larger than consumption rate, the opposite was true for Germany.

In details, Chine topped the list with almost 5400 billion kWh produced and about 5320 kWh used. This was followed by the U.S with the production of 4099 billion kWh and consumption of nearly 3900 billion kWh. Top 5 enlisted Russia, Japan and India, respectively with significantly smaller figures for both consumption and production.

Canada, at number 6, produce 619 billion kWh and used 500 billion kWh while the figures for Brazil and France were comparable around the 500 and 400 billion kWh marks. Germany was the exception with slightly more electricity consumed than produced (582 billion kWh versus 526 billion kWh). Lastly, Korea finished the top 10 with both rates below 500 billion