The chart below shows the percentage of households in owned and rented accommodation in England and Wales between 1918 and 2011.Summarize the information by selecting and reporting the main features, and make comparisons where relevant.

Varpuleva's picture

The illustration provides information about the difference in the share of owned and rented occupations in two nations namely England and Wales from 1918 till 2011.

The initial impression from the diagram is that in 1918 the segment of rent was incredibly high, making 75%, while the personal households accounted for around 23% of the market. However, the demand for own estate has started steadily grow with an increment of 10% per period, despite the time between 1939 and 1953 where it was seemed to remain stable with 32%. In 2001 it got the peak, representing approximately 69%.

Meanwhile, the percentage of contract accommodations has witnessed a gradual downward trend. In 1917 it had equal share to the former at about 50% and otherwise continued to decline, hitting the lowest point with 30% before the slight increase.

Overall, as can be seen from the bar chart the portion of own houses rosed generally, while the rented ones rapidly dropped.