the chart below shows the percentage of households in owned and rented accommodation in England and Wales between 1918 and 2011

the chart below shows the percentage of households in owned and rented accommodation in England and Wales between 1918 and 2011.

The bar chart illustrates the proportion of people who rentd and owned houses in two countries around a century from 1918 - 2011.

Overall, the two figures show the opposite tendency and the reflection data at the end of the period.

When looking at the first 43 years, the most dominant data, which was rented accommodation declining by approximately 20% to 59%. Meanwhile, the households that were owned began at 23% then saw their figures rising to 41%. From 1939 to 1953, that number rented and owned houses remained consistently at 68% and 32% respectively.

In 1971, the percentage of houses in both forms was 50%. Four decades later, people tended to buy and own accommodation instead of renting one. However, in the last year, the data of households in owned domiciles saw a slight decrease by 5%, from 69% to 64%.