The chart shows components of GDP in the UK from 1992 to 2000 Summarize the information by selecting and reporting the main features and make comparisons where relevant

The chart shows components of GDP in the UK from 1992 to 2000.

Summarize the information by selecting and reporting the main features and make comparisons where relevant.

The bar chart compares the proportion of IT and service industry in contribution to the GDP in the United Kingdom throughout the period from 1992 to 2000. It is clearly depicted that while the GDP from both sectors tended to increase, the figure for IT industry was obviously dominant, as opposed to the remaining sector.

In the initial 5-year period, gross domestic product from both industries experienced certain fluctuations. In 1992, the percentage stood at 4% and roughly 6% for service and IT industry respectively. Throughout the next four years, whilst the pattern for IT industry went up and down to approximately 8%, that of service industry had a gradual increase to almost 7%.

The period from 1996 to 2000 saw a contrasting growing speed of the two components, with GDP from IT industry almost doubled in values. Meanwhile, the proportion of service industry remained nearly the same, with little rise to around 8% in 2000.