The chart shows how frequently people in the USA ate fast food in restaurants between 2003 and 2013.

neocsc's picture

The chart illustrates the frequency in which people ate fast food in restaurants in the USA during the period from 2003 to 2013.

Overall, the percentage of people who either never ate or ate fast food every day has declined. However, the number of individuals who went to fast food restaurants rare times yearly has increased. Furthermore, there was a fluctuation in the number of people who ate weekly or monthly.

Regarding people who ate fast food several times a week, there was a fluctuation in the percentage peaking at 20% in 2006. Similarly, for those who went to fast food restaurants once a week, the number topped at 32%. On the other hand, the proportion of the population who ate once or twice a month hit the low point at 25% in the same period.

Concerning individuals who attended fast food restaurants every day, the rate dropped from 4% in 2003 to a steady number of 3% in the remaining period. Likewise, for those who never ate, the same trend was observed with a decline to 4% in 2006. However, there was a rise from 13% in 2003 to a constant rate of 15% between 2006 and 2013.