The charts below show the proportions of British students at one university in England who were able to speak other languages in addition to English in 2000 and 2010

The pie chats illustrates the percentage of bilingual and multilingual British students at a university in Britain, in 2000 and 2010.

Overall, It can be observed from the chart the number of learners who are able to speak to other languages rather than English increased.

In 2000, the number of British students who were unable to communicate with other languages except for English stood at 20% while the figure for French was lower at 15%. Both these figures followed downward trends and each decreased to 10% by the end of 2010.

Furthermore, the proportion of Spanish only was the highest among all groups at 30% while those for bilingual and multilingual were lower at 15% and 10% in 2000, respectively.Nevertheless, Each of these figures experienced a rise of 5% by the 2010. Having said that the number of learners who Speak German stayed roughly the same in both mentioned years at 10%.