The diagram below shows how geothermal energy is used to produce electricity Summarise the information by selecting and reporting the main features and make comparisons where relevant

The diagram below shows how geothermal energy is used to produce electricity. Summarise the information by selecting and reporting the main features, and make comparisons where relevant.

The diagram illustrates the five main stages involved in the process of producing electricity by using geothermal energy.

The process begins when cold water is pumped down from the surface of the heart down to a 4.5kilometer-deep injection well, after which it is transferred to the geothermal zone consisting of hot rocks. Next, the hot water created reaches the production well, which shares a similar shape with the injection well but is a bit wider.

The next stage involves pumping up the hot water through this well before it is stored in a condenser and converted into steam, following which it is used to power a turbine and make it rotate. The generator, connected to the turbine, also rotates and produces electricity. The process ends when the electricity generated is transferred to the power grid for consumption by various end users.