The diagram below shows how solar panels can be used to provide electricity for domestic use

The chart illustrates the way solar panels are used for daily use of electricity.
Overall, it is noticeable that there are 5 steps with 5 different technology to convert solar energy for domestic use, starting with absorb energy from the sun by solar panels and ending with exceeding the amount of energy to have enough energies for using at home.
As can be seen obviously, there are a number of solar panels on the rooftop of the house, which transfer solar power to DC current. Then, this type of energy is transformed to ac one by an inverter helping people control the electric and production of the sun energy. In the next step, ac energy can be ready for domestic use when going into a machine called electrical panel located beside the inverter one. If the household activities don't consume all the amount of solar power, the excess energy might flow back to the utility grid, which stores extra power by the meter.