The diagram shows how rainwater is collected for the use of drinking water in an Australian town

The diagram details the process by which rainwater is gathered for Australian town use.

Overall, there are 3 main stages that involve the collection of water through drains, its repeated transportation and treatment underground and finally reuse as drinking water in homes.
At the first stage of the process, rainwater run from the roof into the drains, which are installed underground and run along the house to accommodate rainwater, after passing through this machine, rainwater is sent to a water filter to remove impurities before being pushed into big storage.

The process continues with treating water, where water is filtered so that it will be treated by chemicals to create the cleanest water possible. Eventually, providing clean water follows the water pipes back to homes, which Australian domestics utilize. At this time, water has to meet the standard about the level of cleanliness to certain people's health.