The first chart below shows how energy is used in an average Australian household The second chart shows the greenhouse gas emissions which result from this energy use

The first chart below shows how energy is used in an average Australian household. The second chart shows the greenhouse gas emissions which result from this energy use.

The two charts below, respectively, illustrate the amount of energy consumed by an Australian household and how energy contributes to the emissions of greenhouse gas.
As depicted in chart 1, heating has the highest percentage among all the factors in the chart. While water heating takes 30% and other appliances take a total 15% of the chart, some reasons for using energy, such as refrigeration, cooling and lighting only range from 2%-7%.
Contrary to chart 1, in chart 2, water heating ranks first in the whole chart with a percentage of 32, approximately the same percentage as chart 1. Moreover, other appliances and refrigeration, surprisingly, have higher percentages than those shown in chart 1. For other appliances, they jump from 15%-28% and the percentage of refrigeration doubles from 7%-14%. Although the percentage of lighting doubles, it only ranges from 4% to 8%. Cooling takes just 3% of the chart and remains approximately unchanged in comparison to chart 1.