The graph below shows the number of hours per day on average that children spent watching television The graph covers the period between 1950 and 2010 Summarise the information by selecting and reporting the main features and make comparisons where releva

The graph below shows the number of hours per day on average that children spent watching television. The graph covers the period between 1950 and 2010.
Summarise the information by selecting and reporting the main features, and make comparisons where relevant.

The line graph plots the hours per day on average that children spent in front of the television set over a 60-year period from 1950 to 2010.
In general, there was a significant rise in televison viewing. At the end of the period, the number of hours per day on average that children took to watch television was much higher than the beginning.
From 1950 to 1960, in the rate of children’s television viewing increased slightly, from just about fifteen minutes per day to nearly one hour per day. In the next 20-year period, the rate rose considerably, from under one hour per day to approximately four hours per day. Between 1980 and 1990, there was a small decrease. However, this trend proved negligible as the rate then rose again. In 1995, the hours children spent watching television per day had reached its peak with over four hours per day before it dropped gradually.