The graph below shows population figures for India and China since the year 2000 and predicted population growth up until 2050 Summarise the information by selecting and reporting the main features and make comparisons where relevant

The graph above illustrates population numbers for India and China since the year 2000, forecasting the population growth up until 2050.

India starts off the century with 1 billion citizens and faces a steady rise in population. By 2030, India is predicted to have reached China’s population, surpassing China, and peaking at 1.6 billion total citizens by 2050.

On the other hand, China’s population has a relatively slow growth rate in comparison to the Indian population. The Chinese population grows consistently up until 2030, where it is predicted to face a slight decline over the years. By 2050, the Chinese population would have reached a number of 1.4 billion Chinese citizens, stooping to a similar number of Indian citizens in 2025.

Overall, India’s population sees a steady rise throughout the graph’s time period while the Chinese population faces a consistent increase up until 2030 and sees a slight decline (with minor fluctuations) towards the end.