The graph provides information about the number of people of both genders who continued their postgraduate studies on full time or part time basis from 1970 to 1991

The graph provides information about the number of people of both genders who continued their postgraduate studies on full-time or part-time basis from 1970 to 1991.

The bar chart provides information about how many people of both genders continued their postgraduate studies on full-time or part-time basis from 1970 to 1991.
Overall, part-time education was preferred by most of students, while the other type was the big loser. Also, educational facilities attracted more and more people in almost every observed category with the only exception among men who studied part-time.
The number of male students increased in between full-time studies, doubled from nearly 100 thousand to 200 thousand by 1991. However, part-time education followed the reverse trend and decreased, but was never less than 850 000.
By contrast, female students raised in number year by year in any type of education and reached the figures over 1100 thousand and 200 thousand in part-time and full-time, respectively. A significant increase in part-time postgraduates happened in 1990 and 1991, changing from under 800 to nearly 1200, though for the full-time curriculum a leap was made in 1980s.