The graph shows the proportion of energy that was produced from coal in four European countries from 1995 to 2010

Drragkloha's picture

This graph illustrates the percentage of the coal-origin energy among four European countries between 1995 and 2010.

Overall, all lines were trending down, while the figures of Denmark and Germany both go down significantly, other two have a less significant decrease.

Denmark started with the highest percentage of power produced from coal stood at 60% in 1995 but dropped down to 10 % and became the lowest out of four nations by the year 2010. The rate of energy in German followed a similar pattern though unlike Denmark it hit bottom at around 5% in 2007 and rose dramatically to surpass Denmark in 2010.

The trends for both Sweden and France’s energy production from coal are the same. Both figures share two periods of downward, one period of upward and two plateaus. Right after 2001, Sweden became the country with highest coal-based energy proportion and the second place belong to France at some point between 2003 and 2004.