The map below shows the changes that have taken place at the waterfront area of a town called Darwin between 2009 and 2014

Given are the two maps depicting the disparity in physical outlooks of a local seafront area in Darwin through a 5 –year period, commencing from 2009.
Perceptibly, the core alterations happened mainly in the south of the region where it experienced a shift away from heavily serving the industry to educational purposes.
The region located by the sea seemed to experience some minor changes in the north where the industrial area which used to be located inside the ring of a footpath and adjacent to the lake was removed, instead, a new domestic swimming pool was established along with the consistent presence of the other two coastal pools over a phase of 5 years. Despite the sea zone depriving for erecting a brand new harbor located on the sea which was accessed by a new footpath running from the west, the fishing area in the northwest of the region were kept in order, staying stable after a changing period.
Regarding inland construction, both two industrial areas were removed to give green space for other facilities. The most striking feature appearing in the year 2014 was the erection of a new university in the west and the addition of another residential building in the middle of the area. Meanwhile, the south of the space was filled with full of trees planted at length, no change was observed with the conventional center and school in the north which were located near the lake.