Essay topics: The pie charts below give information on the ages of the populations of Oman and Spain in 2005 and projections for 2055.
Summarise the information by selecting and reporting the main features and make comparisons where relevant.
The pie charts compare the three different ages of the populations in Oman and Spain during 2005 and the anticipated figure for 2055.
Overall, it can be seen that 0-14 years and 15-59 years will have soared in their populations in both nations by 2055, whereas the same two countries will witness opposite trends when it comes to 60+ years in 2055.
In terms of Oman, in 2005, there were identical proportions for 0-14 years and 15-59 years with 48% each, compared to over 60 years at 4% only. Despite being close to half, 0-14 years are set to drop significantly to 37% in the end. There is a strong possibility that over 60 years will swell considerably to 57% in 2055, while 15-59 years are set to rise a little to 6% from 4%.
Turning to Spain, 60+ years stood at approximately three-fifths (62%) of the total, which was the highest figure in 2005. On the other hand, 15-59 years came next in the position at 24%, nearly twice as many as 0-14 years at 14%. Having achieved the greatest total in 2005, 15-59 years, however, will have shrunk sharply to 46% by the final term. Likewise, 0-14 years are also predicted to dip (14% to 12%) slightly by 2% in 2055. In contrary, 15-59 years will experience a dramatic growth to finish the period at 42% from 24%.
- Rich countries should allow jobs for skilled and knowledgeable employees who are from poor countries. Do you agree or disagree? (79.6667)
- By punishing murderers with the death penalty, society is also guilty of committing murder. Therefore, life in prison is a better punishment for murderers. To what extent do you agree or disagree with this statement? (87)
- Some people believe that children's success in adulthood is related to the way they have been raised by their parents. Do you agree or disagree?Give your own opinion and examples. (59.6667)
- Some people decide to start their own business instead of working for a company or organization.Do the advantages for people working for their own business outweigh the disadvantages?Give reason for your answer and include any relevant examples from your (64.6667)
- space tourism will it bring positive or negative effects on the world's development.Give your own opinion.Use exmple based on your experience. (63)
- Consumers are faced with increasing numbers of advertisements from competing companies. To what extent do you think consumers are influenced by advertisement? What can be taken to protect them? (69.6667)
- In many countries, schools have severe problems with student behaviour. What do you think are the causes of this?What solutions can you suggest? (89.5)
- Government should spend money on railways rather than roads. To what extent do you agree or disagree with this statement? (92)
- Some people say that the only reason for learning a foreign language is in order to travel to or working a foreign country. Others say that these are not the only reasons why someone should learn a foreign language.Discuss both these views and give your o (83)
- TOPIC: In many countries, woman no longer feel the need to get married. Some people believe that this is because woman are able to earn their own income and therefore do not require the financial security that marriage can bring. To what extent do you agr (94.5)